Sunday, July 20, 2008

He's at camp.

No photos - he didn't want me to take any, I tried anyway, and it wasn't worth the effort. I was fine with it, he gave us a big hug. I'm thinking he's going to have a good time. He's in a great place, with great people, and we have a bit of a parenting break. Andy got in the car quietly cried. He's such a sweet husband and father! I didn't know what to do, because I just don't feel that. I must be like a cold hearted mom or something. I was just ready, and I think J is ready. Obviously I need to be more sensitive to whether his dad is ready. We're going hiking/fishing this evening. If I get some good pics I'll post again late tonight.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I wouldn't worry about being "cold"...I think we just KNOW when the kids are ready for things like that...and we deal with it in our won way....as for your hubby...how sweet. Sometimes I wish mine were a bit more emotional when it comes to things like that....but you know what they say..."opposites attract"

vtpuggirl said...

Enjoy your time together. He's going to have so much fun at camp, it's a good thing.

Alex Hardy said...

happy belated anniversary susan! i love that photo from your wedding, it's gorgeous!

and bear spray? whoa!

and by the way, my husband was teary eyed for a whole 24 hours when we went to NYC a few weeks ago! i think it's awfully sweet!
absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder.
you will be a better mama for 'letting go' just a little.