Saturday, August 8, 2009

Adventure AJBs style!

Andy came home from work at almost 7 p.m. last night and suggested we go fishing up at Hyalite. Sounded good to J and I, so we rallied and were all in the car on the road by 7:25. Its a 40 minute drive up there, with over 12 miles of winding mountain roads to cover - including the last few of them being dirt.

I had grabbed my old camera because the battery of the new one was recharging, but I forgot that my old camera and lens are just not that great in the fading light, so all photos are soft on focus - I just can't hold that sucker still for a 30 shutter release. Not my talent.

Anyway, we parked, sprayed our selves for bugs, got the rod ready and set off on a hike.

We saw a moose track, which was a little scary as they are just as dangerous as bears, but we did not hear or see a moose. The track was thrilling enough.

Andy and J wet the fly, caught one little dinky brook trout, and explored the creek quite a bit. As always, it is super fun to watch J casting and fishing.
Then, the real adventure began. Andy called to me and asked if he had given me the car keys.

Umm
, no, he did not.
Then he showed me the hole in his pocket where he usually keeps the keys.
Umm, shoot.

We walked back in very dim lighting, scanning and searching for keys as we went (yeah, like we would see them in the grey light!).

We prayed as we went.

We did not find the keys on the trail, or at the car.

But our prayers were answered when Andy did find a nice Christian family leaving a forest service cabin who gave us a ride to our house so we could get the spar key and go back up in our truck to get the Subaru. Thank you to Jennifer and Todd and their five kids for going out of the way for us. Thank you to God for providing such a wonderful solution to our predicament.

Our little last minute excursion took us until almost midnight, but we were safe and provided for.

Somewhere up along Hyalite creek, above the lake, are a set of keys to our car.

If you find them, please don't steal our car!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Wickland said...

Hey SBB! I would love to come scrap on Friday night! I don't know if we'll be in town... we're backpacking over the weekend and haven't decided if we're going on Friday or Saturday to start. I'll let you know if I'll be able to go, though!

Jenn said...

We lost a set of keys in the Pacific Ocean...ONCE!!!!