I'm inspired to excellence these days.
- Inspired by excellence I see in one of my co-workers.
- Inspired by the beauty that excellence creates.
- Inspired by the need to reflect excellence as a way of mirroring God's love and purity.
- Inspired by the difference that increasing the excellence in the quality of food I eat makes in my energy level - proving that excellence had rewards!
- Inspired by excellent writing in books like "To Kill a Mocking Bird" and "The Scarlet Letter."
- Inspired by my own general lack of excellence and the consequences that leads to - like being out of control in so many ways.
But I have a long way to go to achieve excellence.
I want it in all areas of my life! Why?
- Because it glorifies God.
- Because it is emotionally rewarding to know I did well.
- Because it allows me to achieve my goals.
- Because even if I don't get all the things I want having worked at the level of excellence means there is no room for regret.
What do I need to do to attain excellence? That's a good question. Probably pray with out ceasing for one. Because without prayer I'm not really able to much of anything well - oh, I can pretend, but really, I can't actually do it well.
Next, I need to get organized. It is really hard to be excellent at anything when you are surrounded by chaos. And right now, I'm surrounded by chaos of my own making - I just cannot seem to keep my house clean. It's been a challenge always, but especially the past six or seven months since I got sick, figured out what the issue was, began to recover, and then just never got caught up before starting my job in January.