Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Crafting


I left my crafting to the last minute this year - thanks in large part to an extreme lower GI virus that pretty much took me out of all activities for several days.

Anyway, I was well enough yesterday to do a little crafting.  I've wanted to work on old distressed pieces of wood for awhile, so I did.

This one was for J - at his request after he saw what I made for his dad:
And this one is for my love:
That paper is the backdrop I've used for spraying Luminart's sprays on projects for the last few months.  I just tore a piece off of it and modge podged it onto the face of a piece of wood from the chicken coop.
The rusty nails are also fromthe chicken coop area.
These were inspired by something I saw last month on Ruth Rae's blog.

Off to a busy week again!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love when we can repurpose things. What a great idea...they turned out so nice.

Nicole said...

Those are absolutely beautiful, Susan Beth! What an awesome idea! :)