Monday, February 4, 2008

"MY BEST YEAR YET!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JANSSE!!!!

Today, on the way to school he told me how being 8 is the best yet, and this is going to be "My best year yet." Wow! I love that kind of an attitude and confidence in my beautiful child. Can't you just see it in his face!


For some reason that I cannot explain, I feel so very mushy about this birthday for him. I am so blessed to have this beautiful exuberant child in my life! God has blessed Andy and I in an amazing way. Sometimes it is overwhelming to think of how big a responsibilty we have been entrusted with to have this particular child with all his energy, joy, curiosity, and determination. No offense to the rest of you parents out there, but this child is something special to us, just as I imagine your children are to you. And proper love and stewardship of him is beyond my comprehension. It is a good thing Andy and I know how to pray, and especially to pray together, so we can ask God to raise us up to the level required to do right by Jansse!

Remembering the night he was born brings tears to my eyes. It was so joyful after such a drama filled pregnancy, but I know I can speak for both Andy and I when I say we had no idea what was to come and how wonderful it could be. Jansse was so peaceful, hearty and healthy through both the prenatal drama of a torn placenta and through the lengthy and traumatic birth - while I looked like death warmed over after so much blood loss, he looked as if it was just another day in a calm and idealic life! He showed right from the beginning he would always be able to bounce. He's a sensitive caring little guy, but still he is wonderfully up-beat, trusting, and "happy-go-lucky."

And most importantly, he has a heart for God. Last night when I asked him if he was excited for his birthday he said "Yeah, but its not really that big a deal compared with ... oh, say ... Jesus coming back." The perspective of an 8 year old! What more can I say!

Thank you God for our Jansse!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

In our LDS faith 8 yrs old is the age of accountability...which is when they are baptized...so i know how "important" 8 can be. They "seem" so grown up but yet are so young. I remember my kids saying funny/profound things like that. What a great scrapbook page!!