Friday, July 3, 2009

Four for Four

Yesterday was the last game of the season and J went 4 for 4 in batting. Plus, when he played pitcher (with the machine) he had a great fielding play, throwing a guy out at first base, even though he had to throw the ball over the pitching machine to get it there.
In this photo the catcher is a little guy from church, and after this swing at a low pitch, the catcher said "Hey J, what are you playing, golf or something." which elicited a huge grin from J. Then, next pitch he hit is strong and out of the in field for a base hit.
While I like that he plays ball, having the season over is a relief because it bring havoc to our dinner schedules - I don't think we've had a sit-down dinner in well over a week. Now maybe we can get a few good family meals in before I leave for Dallas.
By the way, top photo taken 10 days ago with old camera. Other two photos taken last night with new Canon Rebel T1i EOS. I'm liking it very much, although miss the familiarity of the menu and functions of my Pentax. I'll get there with this camera, I'm certain of it.

No comments: