Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A New Month Begins!

Some new things to go with the new month.

A new camera - yes, for me! I'm pretty excited with it. Will do a practice maternity shoot with it this evening. All the photos in this post were shot with it. I got it last Friday, so I'm still learning and learning and learning. But it is so fun!

Also, a new seminar year for Mary Kay, meaning new goals. I'm struggling with making goals in that area because while I know I want to grow with my business, I'm not sure how quickly or how far. I'm going to spend some time in the next few days trying to focus on that.

Side Note Begins:
On the finshing up the Mary Kay year yesterday, I also finished a challenge to do 100 faces between April 1 and June 30th. I was the only one in my unit to meet this challenge. It feels good to have such an accomplishment. And there will be some celebrations/reward for that in Texas in two weeks at the Seminar Convention I'm going to. Kind of exciting.Side Note ends!

Another exciting thing is that Grandma and Grandpa are in Big Sky for a couple of weeks, and it's just us and them. As much as we love having cousins and Aunts and Uncles around when we visit with Grandma and Grandpa, it is also very special to have just them. We visited with them on Sunday and J got to tromp around with Grandpa and Andy as then cleaned out culverts, cut down a tree, and did some general guy stuff around the house. And today the three of them are fishing the Firehole river in Yellowstone National Park. Very exciting and good for them! I love it that Grandpa gets to see J fish and J gets to learn more about fishing from Grandpa!

Finally I'm also revealing my new hair cut - it's been about a month, so maybe it's not so new any more, but I still feel like it is. And already I'm probably ready for a trim!

July is going to busy with some travel for me, camp for J, lots of company coming at the end of the month, and some major Forth of July Celebrations this weekend. Gotta love it!

3 comments:

Fuzzy said...

I love your hair!! Glad you made your MK goal!! Lots of excitement coming for you in the next month. The camera looks great (or rather the pics do)

Jenn said...

love the hair!!! So what kind of a camera did you get? was this to replace the chewed up one??

DebW said...

Great haircut! I've been waiting to see it!

What kind of camera did you get?