Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Comments on Life

No photos today - haven't had time to process any from Sunday yet.  But, I do have a few things on my mind that I would like to comment on.

How about the new Supreme Court Justice nominee?  I'm sure I don't agree with her on many many things, but I suspect she'll be approved in the long run.  But, here are a couple of things that have come to my attention about the court in general. 
  • First, there will not be a protestant on the court - only people of Jewish and Catholic backgrounds.  This lack of diversity on faith issues concerns me.  (Just to be clear, I have no problem with Jews or Catholics being on the Court, I'm just not sure that only Jews and Catholics reflects an accurate cross-section of our countries view points.)
  • Second, there is only 1 justice who is not from an Eastern seaboard state.  Again, a lack of diversity of experience and view point.
  • Third, every single one of them went to either Harvard or Yale law schools.  That is stunning and provides a very narrow view of our country, in my humble opinion.
What do you wear in May  when the temps are in the 40s and the wind makes it worse?  Turtlenecks and wool sweaters don't quite work as fashionable, but they sure would be the most comfortable.  I'm enough of a fashion geek as it is, but trying to be comfortable in this kind of spring weather while still looking professional borders on impossible.

Also on my mind, when are they going to get that oil well to stop leaking?  No answers, just bothered by the event.

And I'm thinking a lot about parenting these days.  It's hard.  Enough said.

Finally, big fat cat still attacks cute cuddle little tiny cat.  And if that weren't enough, now BFC pees in various places around the house to "mark her territory."  BFC is running out of opportunities to continue to be my cat.  I've called the vet, and if some sort of anti-anxiety meds don't work, then BFC may have to go live in a hole in the ground next to all the other dead animals in our back field.

Back with photos in a couple of days (I hope!).

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow...lots of thoughts for today....I would have to agree with you about the court stuff...and the oil leak...and as for the cat...is he/she fixed? That has helped my little kitty with the potty issues...And just a total side note...I didn't take your comment on my blog as being critical at all! I just have had an issue recently with someone attacking me for my blog content...a story for another day! Anyhow, been thinking about you...

Sasha Farina said...

can't wait for photos!! I've been thinking hard about parenting as well.. :)