Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Blog Lift!

This morning Stephanie Howell had the theme "I Am" on her blog. I am copying Stephanie Howell, but probably not as interesting as she is.

  • I am a wife and mom, and even more, but sometimes I forget the even more.
  • I am middle aged, but I feel like I'm in my 30's.
  • I am sometimes too smart for my britches - meaning there are times when I am too quick to give advise. But I am always sincere in my desire to be helpful. Hopefully that sincerity makes up for the awkwardness of giving too much advise.
  • I am an aspiring photographer - in my head I see the kind of photos I want to take, but that is not what I see when I download from my camera - yet. I will get there someday.
  • I am sitting in the quiet because my boy is spending the night at a friends and my husband is out for his morning run.
  • I am married to the most wonderful man on the planet - sorry ladies, I know you think it is your husband, but I know in my heart that my Andy has them all beat! He's strong, kind, a spiritual leader in our family and in the community, humble (he wouldn't like it that I'm being so public about his attributes), and very very healthy (we went to the doctor yesterday for a physical, and the doctor literally raved about how healthy he is for a man his age - except that hip that needs replacing).
  • I am craving opportunities to be more creative, but not putting in the effort to make it happen - maybe tomorrow! If I get my craft room cleaned . . . which leads to:
  • I am not the worlds greatest housekeeper. Lots of clutter accumulates in my home. My theory is that this is caused by a very fast moving brain that wants to do ten things as once, and my body doesn't have time to clean up as I'm trying to keep up.
  • I am getting more nervous about my new job which starts on Monday. I do not want to let anybody down and the task I face is quite large. There are a lot of zeros in the number of dollars I need to raise so we can build our new school facility!.
  • I am allergic to milk (found out three months ago) and really missing cheese.
  • I am starting a new diet - Eating Clean by Tosca Reno - and pretty excited about it. I have never seen a diet plan that looked so appealing to me.
  • I'm starting that diet TODAY. I know, it's not the first of the year, the first of the week, the first of the month, my birthday, or any other typical start a diet day. But, today I start. I did the shopping for it yesterday, and we'll see how I do.
  • So, I am eating oatmeal with nuts, Cinnamon, raisins and black berries for breakfast as I type this. It's blander than I expected, but I think if I mix the black berries in better it will be more tasty.

  • Have a wonderful Tuesday!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Loved getting a little glimpse into you! Hope that oatmeal got better!!!

lisa truesdell said...

love this - good luck on the new job!!