Monday, December 28, 2009

He's growing up faster than I like!

The other night J had a friend over to spend the night. The both enjoyed playing the new Wii (thanks Grandpa Gary and Grandma Nell), and had a great time. I noticed two things about how J is growing.

First, I thought J's friend was the tallest in the class. As this photo demonstrates, not so. J is taller by at least two and maybe three inches. Wow!

Second, they talked about girls! Ugh! I am so not ready for that. J has hinted that he might have a crush on a wonderful little girl in his class, but I thought it was just one of those following along with the crowd thing because his friend liked the same girl. Turns out his friend likes someone else, and J is sticking to his guns about liking the wonderful little girl. Hmmm. At least he has good taste in girls to like.

We did have the discussion that for the next few years (yes, years) it is appropriate to like in secret! Don't need any girlfriends anytime soon!

I got out and took some photos late in the afternoon yesterday. Went to the top of a nearby hill where there are some fields covered with snow and lined with old dry weeds and grasses. The weeds and grasses accumulate ice crystals and look beautiful.

Since I don't have a macro lens, these photos will have to do. A macro would really allow the beauty of the individual crystals to be evident.

But you can get the idea of what we see daily as we drive to and from town!

I'm thinking it may be time for an end of the year reflection post followed by a New Year's resolution type post. I'll let those ideas brew in my mind a bit, but you can check back later this week to see what I come up with.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

My Caleb still likes girls in "secret" and I am SOOOOO OK with that! :) They have their whole lives why rush into anything....
I don't do resolutions, but I enjoy reading everyone elses....

Stéphanie said...

your winter pictures are gorgeous ! Snow almost never sticks to the ground in Paris ...

diana albright said...

your photos are gorge!!! and ayiyiyi, the boys... i'm not sure that i will ever be ready for that stage of parenthood. lol

lisa truesdell said...

omgoodness, those pics are too cool. and i am SO not ready to think about my boys liking girls. not ready at ALL.