Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Morning Walk

It is the end of April and the signs of spring are here.

On my walk before church this morning I noticed the splashes of green grass along the edge of the road, and there is a green tint forming in the near hills.
Our house looks pretty good!  But it is our goal to begin fixing it up this summer by getting the paint off the logs and putting some siding on the non-log surfaces.  I imagine it looking really great!   More natural in the landscape.  Can't wait to see how it will look.

This red barn is about a mile from our house, and I love it.  It is tucked in behind many bushes and wild trees, so I can only get a photo from this angle.
The openness of this barn, with the green grasses feels so fresh and warm.  Too bad it was just barely over 32 degrees when I got home from my walk.

We spent part of the afternoon at the library today - sort of becoming a habit with us to go there every other week after church.  Then, we spent a couple of hours splitting wood that we cut last fall.  A big family project it was!

1 comment:

Mandie said...

awesome pics! love them!