Saturday, November 17, 2007

Early Christmas Tree?????



So, I worked at Keepsakes by Design all day yesterday (I do that two days a month to support my scrapbooking habit!). I go home after dark, and I heard this little voice and saw the shine of a flash light. It was Jansse out in the yard very excited that his papa had given him permission to cut a large branch off of the large fir tree in the back yard and to bring the branch into the house and use it as a Christmas tree. "HUMMMM" I thought to myself. I decided to just go along with it. Through out the process of cutting, bringing into house, placing in my good large rubbermaid bowl with large rocks to stablize I continued to think "HUMMMM." By the time we got to getting out the Christmas ornaments I was feeling a little rushed into the season, and a bit annoyed at what I viewed as nothing but a potential mess for me to clean up.

Didn't turn out that way. Instead, we had a great evening around Jansse's tree. We read from "Thanksgiving, A Time to Remember" by Barbara Rainey - a wonderful tradition to read this book, and if you don't have it, go get it. 100% worth it! Your whole family will learn so much! This is our second year with it, and it is a tradition everyone loves. We read a chapter an evening for the six days before Thanksgiving. What a way to learn about the true story of Thanksgiving and faith!

While working yesterday I completed a layout about picking Jansse up from school. It was in response to a challenge on the Two Peas In A Bucket website. The challenge was to scrapbook a


about every day things. I pick Jansse up from school every school day, so this seemed a great thing. I just took my camera with me on Thursday afternoon. It just so happened that that day I had to remove the plow from the truck to go, so I documented that. The views as I go across the country roads are wonderful, so that was a fun thing to include in the page. And of course, getting to Jansse is always a treat at the end of a school day. I'm glad he goes to school, but I really do miss him while he's there.

Enjoy your weekend! We'll enjoy our early tree - I wonder if this means we won't be getting another one this year? Could save us some money I guess.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What a cute little tree!! Several years ago we went out and hand-picked our tree. Although it was already cut we had quite the time of deciding which one to get. Anyhow, the next day my Mom and I had a womens tea thing to attend and we left my hubby home with the job of getting the tree into the house and into the stand. Well...by the time we returned our once FULL size full tree resembled something very much like Jansse's! My hubby got a little carried away with "trimming" it up!!!! Anyhow, the kids were little and they asked why you have to put water in the tree. We explained everything and later that night after the kids had gone to bed, my Mom and I went and bought ANOTHER tree. The next morning to my children's surprise, the tree was BIG again. My oldest yells out.." wow, putting water in the stand really does work!!"
We had such a great laugh over that!!!

Fuzzy said...

This is just so Jansse! I love it! He always gets so excited about the little things in his life. I bet you could get away with using this as your tree for the whole season (if it will stay "alive"), a money and time saver, as you guys would be done decorating.