Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

A Happy Thanksgiving to all! It's a beautiful day at -5 degrees as we are up and starting our final preparations for a beautiful meal with 16 people. I set up this table last night, and am pleased with the Thanksgiving garland I made (also last night). I don't have everything perfectly matching at my house, but I think it looks nice anyway.

We're having the typical meal - turkey, stuffing, potatoes, yams, green beans (my family's traditional recipe), corn, salad, bread, and of course pies (pumpkin and pecan). I've also make a batch of fudge to make dessert just a little bit decadent.

Our guests are Daniel and his family, of course, and then three different families from church. It's very nice how much they are all helping with the meal - I really have relatively little to do besides make the turkey and bake the bean casserole. We certainly miss our family who live in other areas, but it is nice to have Daniel, Stacy and Danielle plus so much church family to help celebrate.

I'll try to post tonight some photos from along the way today. In the mean time, I hope everyone has the happiest of Thanksgivings - and don't eat too much! Ha! Ha!

1 comment:

Fuzzy said...

Beautiful Table! Happy Thanksgiving!