Saturday, May 23, 2009

Has it really been a month?

Ugh! Embarrassment!
Flaky blogger here! So sorry about that! I'll try to make up for it with some photos and more frequent blogging in the future. Photos this time around are from our Mother's Day trip to Yellowstone, which was tons of fun, and some end of the year school activities for J.
It has been a good month, although busy!
When I last left you, Montana was still covered in now, and now everything is suddenly green, and we've had a warm weather streak that is seasonally unusual. I've even worked in my garden (one of the many things keeping me on my toes).
J got out of school yesterday - for the summer! So, we are on summer schedule and loving it! I know, we're only 24 hours into it, but still, we are loving it!I've been working my Mary Kay business, which has been rewarding both financially and personally. I love it! Never thought I'd like it as much as I do. For fear of gushing on and on, I'll stop with that.
I've done a couple of photo shoots as well, and have a couple more on the books. All simple stuff for friends, but really fun too.
Oh! And my family is coming to Montana this summer, which requires a bit of preparation, so I'm busy doing that. A neat "God-sighting" in that too! We need to sleep three couples here at our house, and I was short two beds. I looked on Craig's list, and didn't get any of the ones I was interested in. But I mentioned the need to some friends, and voila! They had to beds. So my need was met and I didn't have to spend a dime, except on gas to go a few miles to there house and get them. It was great! It was such a wonderful proof of God's provision even in the little things. And, I admit, in my human-ness, sometimes I need to be reminded by such little proofs!
I also helped to plan and implement a women's tea at our church, although we did it somewhat tongue in cheek and used Fancy Nancy as or guide. It was a success and lots of fun, but it did take up lots of time there for a few days. At church I also taught a series of classes on women and emotions, which was successful, but also a lot of work.Throw in my usual work at Andy's office, lots of end of the year school projects, J starting baseball again, and I was just on the go all the time. There are very few days where I'm at home for more than a few hours at a time during daylight hours. Now, I'm tired but feeling pretty darn satisfied with my life where it is. There are still things on my plate, but they are good. Take a look:
  • I've got some goals with my Mary Kay that are very achievable. Learning to balance Mary Kay appointments with having J home full time is going to be good for me - it also means I'll invite more of my customers to my home, so I'll have to keep the house cleaner!
  • I'm working with Kristii to plan some scrapbooking activities for the summer which will hopefully include some other great scrapbookers like Jenn and Elizabeth! Also want to develop some classes for next fall!
  • I'm excited about some hiking and other fun activities with J now that he's out of school. We're looking forward to seeing some water falls and lakes, and hopefully some wildlife. and some relaxing activities.
  • I've got a couple of home improvement projects to work on too - paint one bathroom fresh, touch up paint in one bedroom, and maybe, if I'm ambitious, completely paint another bedroom. That is a summer's worth of projects right there at the pace I work!
  • And my yard needs help like nobodies business. The field grasses have invaded my flower garden. Although this happens every year, this time it feels particularly daunting to think of getting it all out so the flowers can shine. Hopefully I'll make some progress on that this weekend!

We don't have any big travel plans this summer, but that's okay. With all my family coming this direction, I'm very satisfied with the plans we've got!
I'll try to be better about blogging - at least every other day or so if I can this summer. Mornings are going to be more relaxing, so I plan to sit down and do what I can at the computer while J sleeps in. Ah! The ideal life in my head! We'll see if it comes to reality as the summer progresses!

2 comments:

DebW said...

So happy you are back Susan! I was a little worried that something happened! ((Whew!))

Fabulous photos, as usual!! Love your work!

Jenn said...

Great photos...and I am so glad that things are ok...busy at best, but at least it will keep you hopping!