Monday, May 25, 2009

We Made It!

Summer is here, evidenced by these two playing outside.

They are building a fort. Should be interesting! She's coming back over today, so we'll see how the fort progresses!

Yesterday J and I decided to make an archery target. We got directions off the internet here: http://www.ehow.com/how_11361_make-archery-targets.html

It is made by layering cardboard, foam and old rug (in our case we substituted old dog bed for the rug because they are of similar weight).

Cut the cardboard:

Line it with foam or carpet:

Continue layering for six to ten inches (we got to 7.5 inches):

Put it in a burlap bag (this was our idea, not in the instructions):

Sew the bag shut:

Then you can use it. Except, it started to rain, so we never got to use it so I don't have a photo of that part. Hopefully today!

J was a huge help in making this. He helped glue and sew, and he took many of the photos of the process. Throughout the whole process he kept saying "This is so fun!" It was a great Mother Son activity.

I also spent some time in my scrap room - while it was raining. It's been a long time since I've done anything more than tags. I caught up on two circle journals, so I'm ready to mail on Tuesday.

And then I did a total scraplift of a page. I mean, really scraplifted since I even used the same line of papers from K&Co. as the original. I did change some things (two photos in the original to one in mine, crystal swirl instead of stitched, different prima flowers, and several other changes). Here is the result:

It was fun to get back into scrapping some. Life is so busy, but I hope to set aside an evening a weekend to do some and keep from getting too rusty.

Have a great Memorial Day!

3 comments:

vtpuggirl said...

Beautiful page! I'm glad you stopped by, I've been thinking and occassionally worrying about you! Good to know you are busy with lots of fun things!

liz mataraza said...

wow! that layout is gorgeous. cool idea for the targets. great way to use up some old cardboard and stuff. glad to see you are well. have a great weekend!

Sweet Peripety said...

hey there! miss you!