Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ice Cream Castles In The Air

Rows and flows of Angel's hair,
Ice cream castles in the air
and feather canyons every where
I've looked at clouds that way. . .

Well, I'm dating myself a bit with that Joni Mitchell reference, but really, that's what it was like last evening. I went out to set some stuff up for a photo shoot this morning, and had to run back in and grab my camera. Glad I did. See what was there:

Speaking of cameras, I'm concerned that mine is going to need replacement soon. The quality of photos is just degrading a bit. I read somewhere that after 10,000 or so shots that can happen, and I'm pushing 17,000 shots on this one. Has anyone else heard that? I know it gets outdated easily because there is always improvements in the digital cameras, but this is more like the photos it takes now are a bit grainier and generally under exposed compared to when I first got it.

Yesterday was a work day at J's school. We were out in the sun quite a bit.

One thing that has always struck me about Petra is that the older kids will include the little ones. This is two of the high school boys (seniors next year, I believe) who hung out with J all afternoon. Nobody told them to, they just initiated "play" with him and let him hang with them. I love that! To me, it shows that the school is doing something right!

Have a great Sunday!

5 comments:

stephanie howell said...

um, those photos are AMAZING. i just can't get over how gorgeous they are! xo

AlissaG said...

beautiful pics!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

OH my word - what beautiful photos! Those clouds are just heavenly!

Michelle said...

We had beautiful clouds earlier and the baby and I were singing that song! Beautiful pics

vtpuggirl said...

I didn't know that about cameras either, mine is seriously 5 years old with 11,000 photos. It is so old I have worn the polish off the handle too. My BFF did tell me to reformat my memory card, that helps with grainy-ness. I think the photos are amazing! Love the clouds!