Monday, September 28, 2009

Before and After Photos

I'm shooting raw, and learning to use the cannon conversion software. I've got the opportunity to do some fixing up before I save the photos as jpeg - options I would not have in PSE. So, here are some before and after photos(all taken yesterday morning in my garden), using only the cannon software - no PSE at all - not even a crop!
Yesterday we had frost!
This is the state of my very neglected garden!
Fortunately there are some beauties among the weeds and seed pods!
Speaking of seed pods, they are sometimes quite amazing!
Thistles are so bad either!
Not a lot of apples on the tree this year, but we'll take what we get. And frankly, I just don't have the energy this fall to deal with tons, so maybe the small harvest is a blessing in disguise!
I want to point out that today, September 29th, is the 12 year anniversary of my mom's death. I am so glad that as I talk to J about her I can assure him she is in heaven. We've talked a lot about heaven and death lately, and really, it's beautiful to see him beginning to understand the difference faith makes on these issues!
Have a great Tuesday.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

nice photos....just stopped by to say HI!

Denise said...

Excellent photos. I had to read your posting twice when you mentioned frost. Crazy. I was hoping a warm fall would stay forever. Unrealistic I suppose. :o)