Friday, September 11, 2009

Updates

It's been awhile! Fall is here, although our weather has seemed more like summer. Considering that summer was more like spring, I guess this was predictable. Just this weekend we are starting to get some grey clouds and cooler temps, and even a thunder storm.

With fall we've had the advent of school, and the accompanying running in and out of town to take J and pick him up. It's basically two hours of the day gone. But Andy has helped me quite a bit, taking J on his way into court or the office. I can't tell you what a blessing that is.

Football also has started, and our J is loving that! He's playing center most of the offensive plays, and Andy tells me he's quite a good snapper. He's also playing some defense, but I have to be honest here, he has never yet pulled any one's flag. He's just not that fast. But, he is a good blocker, and I guess that counts for something. He loves playing. This is the last year for flag, and he's looking forward to next year in pads. Me, well, not so sure about that, but what's a mom to do? For those of you with inquiring minds that want to know, Leo The Stupid Dog is recovering well from his fight with the chain saw. His purple stitches are still there, but he's done with antibiotics and he seems his normal happy self. However, just to keep the money flowing to the vet, Spider the cat is having some problems. Nothing as dramatic as biting the chain saw, but she's showing her age a bit sooner than we hoped. Let's just say, I've gotten quite good at giving her liquid medicine over the past ten days or so.

MY HEALTH ADVENTURE:

Ten days ago Andy and I took a big adventure to Billings - largest city in Montana. Oh my gosh! Made me feel like Bozeman (the big town in our county) is the tiniest little town. But I know it's not. Every little tiny inkling that maybe I could live in city again was destroyed. No way!

Anyway, we were headed to the Billings Clinic for my rheumatology appointment. Now, you have to understand that this "clinic" is in a new building that opened this year, and I am afraid - yes, very afraid - because that building makes me feel like I'm going to the Star Trek clinic. Yes, I know I'm dating myself with that reference, but Oh My Gosh! I couldn't believe it. The waiting rooms for the various doctors are more like an airport terminal than anything else. Not much sign of a personal touch anywhere to be found. One receptionist desk for the rheumatologist, physical therapist, oncologist, radiologist, and several other "ologists" all in that part of the giant building. It was crazy! No way the receptionist is going to greet you by name and ask you how your family is in that environment. My town may be tiny, but I like that it is also personal.

The doctor was nice, younger than me, but nice. That "younger than me" thing is a bit weird. First time that's happened, but Andy assured me it will be more and more common. Apparently I'm not exactly "classic" of any particular disease process, so there is lots of testing and hemming and hawing going on. Hoping to know more, but not very optimistic that there will be answers when the test results get back. But, that's life, I guess! I'm beginning to think maybe I'm just insane. That would be a fun diagnosis, don't you think?

That's it for updates right now.

3 comments:

mborrero said...

sometimes it is just institutional.


namaste
Melina

living, creating, and appreciating
~my blog
Daisy girl for Color Me Daisy

Denise said...

Blockers are very important. Without them the other team scores a lot more than usual. :o) I am glad he loves football.

Our fall weather has been similar. very odd, but is warmer now that it was most the summer. I wish we could skip the snow this year. HA...that will never happen.

Your description of the medical office is daunting. So much for personal touches. I hope you find many positives about them despite the BIG feeling.

Larajc said...

Hope all your news is positive or at least news that you can handle. Take care. PS...I know hwat you mean about the running once school starts!