Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oh No! OOOOooo! OOOOooo! Bad Words Everywhere!

J's school is taking up Ultimate - the disc game.  The 6th - 12th grades are playing competetively.  They will play against other schools around the state.  And the younger kids like J are watching closely and being inspired.  So, this weekend we purchased a new disc.  Very fun!

I learned something new.  My handsome husband played Ultimate in college.  I'm not surprised, but I just didn't know that.

So, funny story:  Yesterday my boy spilled something at the office and I heard the following:  "Oh No!  OOOOooo! OOOOooo!  Bad words everywhere!"

Made me laugh!  He doesn't swear, which I am so glad of.  But that phrase "Bad words everywhere" cracks me up!  So cute!  And frankly, I think I can live with that as an outburst from him.
(Are you noticing my handsome husband's great Ultimate skills, even with a hip that is in need of replacing?  I'm noticing!)

Speaking of those funny little kid things, I have to tell you about J and belly dancing! 
(Oh, yes, that is my boy catching that disc - so casual about it, isn't he!)

 This guy heard that term on T.V. tonight - I think someone on the Biggest Loser said something about wanting to be able to belly dance.  J said "Ha!  That's easy!"  Then he threw himself on the floor, belly down, and riggled around like a fish out of water.  That, my dear blog readers, is his idea of what it is to belly dance.  Isn't the innocence of youth so wonderful! 

I laughed.

A quick prayer request:  My handsome husband is tired.  Just happens when you work as hard as he does and deal with chronic pain as he does.  But he needs some rest.  Could you pray for that opportunity to come to him - please.

Have a great rest of the week!

5 comments:

Fuzzy said...

Hellyer park has a disc golf course... maybe we can spend some time there when you are here. We can see their Ultimate moves

Debbie said...

it's so great your son has found a common interest with dad. =) sending prayers hubby's way.

allison waken said...

Love the action shots! I hope your husband is able to get some rest soon.

Kelly said...

Great pics.
Thinking of your hubby xxx

amy said...

aww i will for sure be praying for your dh. love the ds stories. thinking of you often!