Thursday, June 24, 2010

Goof-Ball!

He's very social - wants to play with friends every day!

He loves his Papa more than anyone else on earth.  It pains him when his Papa comes home late or can't make it to events.

He talks - I hear about boys who don't, but this boy expresses himself.  If he doesn't, you can see it causing him challenges as unexpressed feelings build up inside.  We have to work to keep those lines of communication open or he might lose his sanity.

He understands points of theology and faith that most people don't get until their are well into adulthood.

He's encouraging to others and very sensitive to their feelings. 

He has plans and dreams for himself that are very reasonable.  I asked him yesterday what he wanted from himself as he becomes an adult - he answered "Kindness.  Helpfulness.  I want to make a difference."

He has plans and dreams that are so unrealistic - He is currently planning to make little cones out of photocopy paper and stuff them full of store bought cotton candy and then make a killing selling them to . . . I don't know who.  He gets plans like this all the time.

He let me know that he's a "professional" at water balloon fights.

He's asleep on the couch as I type, after a long but very good day.

2 comments:

Sasha Holloway said...

HE is very special and smart ..

I LOVE this post and it made me giggle at the end .. thanks for visiting my blog and your words ..

I appreciate them

xoxo

Kasey said...

A wonderful post! Your son seems like a great kid!

Have a great day!