Monday, June 7, 2010

Tahoe!

We got to spend the last week or so in Tahoe.

It was a time of great fun, with many opportunities to play.
J just got out of school the day we left home, and after a big year of lots of activities, and a week of "end of school" activities it was great to start the summer with a wonderful vacation.

The water was . . .


approximately 48 degrees.
Needless to say, I did not jump in, although others did.  I have similar photos of two other people, which I will post in a few days.  It does make me wonder how it is possible that I share so much of the gene pool with individuals who do this. 
If you happen to be reading this and living in the Truckee -Tahoe area, you might be wondering why we didn't ask you over for a bar-b-que and fellowship.  So sorry about that!  This trip was dedicated to some much needed strictly family and extended family time.  Our days and nights were absolutely full - wonderful, but full.  We never had the cabin to ourselves, but that is not a complaint, because we had some wonderful folks to share our time with.  Hopefully next time we can have some time with our friends that we miss so much - when we are there by ourselves or for a more extended trip!
Needless to say, I've got photos to post for the next little while!

This being Monday, I'm thinking I want to set some goals - maybe see if I can't do this every Monday this summer.  This week I'm looking to:
  • finish painting the bathroom upstairs;
  • get the threshhold piece down between the dinningroom and kitchen;
  • begin to harden off the veggie plants my friend Rachel gave me;
  • plan a cook-out/camp-out for J and his male classmates;
  • exercise four times or more; and
  • weed a third or so of the garden.
All of this will be done between meeting law office needs and working my job 4-6 hours a day.  Busy week, but I need to rise to the occasion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics, although I can't imagine ANYONE swimming in that cold water! YIKES!

Michelle said...

Glad you guys had a good time and realxed some!