Saturday, June 12, 2010

MORE FISHING PICTURES!

Fishing was indeed a big part of our vacation.  It was fun to watch all the children getting fish.  H was pretty excited about her fish!  And it tasted good too!
It made for good eating too! 
I will have more fishing photos tomorrow - W caught a fish too!
My Tahoe photos are slowly getting processed, and I like being able to share them.
Last night we had a cook-out and camp out with most of the boys from J's class.  I don't know how those ten year old boys do it.  They were up well past midnight tending the fire and still managed to get up with the sun before 5:30 in the morning.  But everybody had fun, and even with six boys, no conflict!  We look forward to having more of these events throughout the summer!
This summer is off to a good start.  A trip to Tahoe, camp-outs with friends, what more could we ask for?
Well, maybe some summer weather would be nice - we woke up to snow on the ground yesterday morning - hit the panic button about the camp out and had to scramble to get the basement ready for a "camp-in" if necessary.  Fortunately, the boys were tough and determined they wanted to be outside in the tent even though it wasn't too warm.  Snow was gone by noon, and all proceeded perfectly!

A LITTLE NEWS

My first week of working while J is out of school went well.  He did have to go to work with me a couple of days, but he also had some opportunities to play with friends while I worked, so I don't feel bad.  We have just one more week of piecing it all together before J's camps start, and then until the end of July he shouldn't have to go to work with me very often, if at all.

The school building project is really taking off!  We might even be moving dirt on the property by late July, which will help with the hope/plan to occupy the building for the 2011/2012 school year.

I'm almost done with painting the bathroom - just some touch up on the walls, and the cabinets need another coat.  I'm pretty happy with it, but I wish I was a neater painter.  I've got a bit of work to do scrubbing paint off the floor!

I still get a bit worked up about the oil spill business, but I guess I'll spare you my ranting and raving about so many issues related to all of that.

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

lisa truesdell said...

very cool pics!! looks like an awesome vacation.

Sasha "sweet thang" Holloway said...

Glad that things are going good. Hope camp is going to be great for him. Love that fish it was huge .. well huge to me because I would be scared to tough it .. LOL ..

Have a great weekend

ArlaMo said...

I miss my lake! Great pics - looks like a wonderful time!