Friday, June 18, 2010

HE PITCHED WELL!

Last night J pitched for the first time this season (in the second to the last game).  He walked one, struck out two, and one guy got a hit.  But he was out of his inning in four batters.  At this level, that is a very good outing! 

I wasn't there to see it - I didn't know he would have the opportunity, and I had a scheduling conflict.  Bummer! 

But Andy says he really kept his composure.  Especially in light of the fact that during the warm up between innings he was beamed in the head, leaving a huge knot and bruise on his forehead.  He still got it together and pitched well.

And, the coaches, players, and other parents were really supportive of J.  Andy reports that he was the "most grown up I've ever seen him."  That is so good, because sometimes with baseball Andy and J are not on the same page about taking it seriously.  (That would be J being a bit too casual about his effort, and Andy feeling like if you are on the team you give it your best effort regardless of circumstances.)

I'm pretty proud of J.  Just wish I had been there!

No comments: