Saturday, December 8, 2007

Getting There

It was evening before we got to the decorating for Christmas part of the day - spent time moving filing cabinets, filing for the office, running errands, off-loading a friends stuff to our barn so she doesn't have to pay for a storage locker. So, really we didn't get to start in earnest until after dinner. But, I guess you could say we got a lot done. But, there is still a lot more to do.

We are struggling with a tree topper. I made an angel - photos of her tomorrow - but she does not fit on top of the tree. Jansse and I bought this star at Walmart as a "back-up plan," but it won't work on the top of the tree either. So, back to the drawing board on a tree topper. In the meantime, we are trying to put the angel and star to good use. This is where the star ended up. I like it, although the photo does not show all the white frostiness of the whole arrangement.


So, tomorrow is the day to:
1. Figure out a topper for the tree so it can be finished;
2. Find a place for all of these items and much more;

3. Put up some garland around the house;
4. Find a use for all the lights we have from before the pre-lit tree;
5. Make fudge and bake cookies (something with pecans because I have so many) for mailing on Monday (oh, does that excite you? So, you think you're getting some, huh. We'll see); and
6. Clean a bit so the decorations can be seen through the clutter (and to be better prepared for the upcoming week!)

I know, this all sounds like so much fun, huh? I think I'll be tired by the time I go to bed tomorrow night. Hopefully some photos of finished projects tomorrow.

This coming week is "get organized" in all of life week. I have no choice, its gotten out of control, and is driving everyone nuts.

No comments: