Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sick Boy Has Reading Break Through

So, Jansse's been sick for the whole week, and a visit to the doctor today confirmed that he won't be going tomorrow either. Christmas break has begun, however unfortunate the cause of that beginning may be. We'll have a week worth of homework to do over the break, and he'll have a test or two when he gets back, but these things are managable. He's got something viral, maybe influenza, probably started as croupe. Ugh! Merry Christmas! We knew it was the real thing when he spent two days in bed by his own choice. Yesterday was a bit of a break through in that he read to himself for hours (it was a reading break through, not a health break through). So, now he's engrossed in Box Car Children books all by himself, and proud to be reading three and four chapters at a sitting quietly. He did come to dinner last night and announce: "I love reading!" When I go out to do some errands today I'll pick up the 8th volumn for him to start.

Jansse is really sad because not only does he feel terrible, he's also missing Christmas festivities at school tomorrow, including his class doing its first play - he had a pretty big part! Not much we can do about that. Hopefully he'll be better enough to participate in the church Christmas program this weekend (I'm a bit skeptical, but maybe he'll be better).

So that's the news from Gallatin Gateway today. I may be back later, if I get a chance. Otherwise, hopefully on Sunday.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hope he feels better soon. I've had a few sick kids myself the past week. Now, I'm trying to fend it off!Hope to see you tomorrow evening.