Friday, March 14, 2008

Good things are Great!

So, this has been a hectic week of spring break with less playing than I anticipated, but I think the spring breaker - Jansse - is well rested, and that is a great thing! there have been some other good things both through the week, and particularly today that I thought I share with you.





1. Jansse learned to play Yahtzee: Yes, this is a great thing as prior to this we have not played games as we probably should. He plays quite well, it is good for his addition skills. Best of all, today he proved that he likes to play with his imaginary brother Junu when Andy and I are not available. Can't beat that! Especially since Andy was busy with court appearances and putting together an important brief that is due this afternoon, and I was wading through bill paying (ugh!).

2. About that bill paying: It is always a good thing when everything gets paid and there is still money left in the bank. And, as happened today, it is even better when a couple of the bills (mostly medical) are paid off - yeah! Fewer to pay next month!

3. Sprouts! If you had been here this afternoon when Jansse discovered these babies you would have smiled a mile wide. He was so excited - came running in to tell me all about it! And not quietly, I might add. Excitement was huge! So, seeds planted on Tuesday turned into sprouts by Friday. That is great! I don't know which plants these are, although they could be straw flowers, lavender or a couple of other flowers. Jansse did all the actual planting, and we did not keep track of what went into which pots.

4. Free Stuff: I watched the tutorial on the IOD blog for using Prima's Build a Frame Stamps, and guess what! They were using a great little template to miter the corners of the frames. I noticed that it was available on the Prima Hybrid site, so I went to see how much it costs - free! Yeah! I got it at that price, down loaded it and printed it right away. It is fantastic. Here is the link to the tutorial: http://ironorchiddesigns.typepad.com/iod/ and here is the link to the free item: http://www.primahybrid.com/shoppe/home.php. On the shopping page the item you want is right at the bottom of the page at this time. It is a simple tool that needs to be printed on a transparency, but boy it will really be helpful! Go get it, especially if you have those stamps! I'm thinking of practicing a lot, and then developing a class for Keepsakes by Design's next class schedule - which should go out in a couple of weeks, so I'd better get busy!

5. FORGIVENESS! This is the best of all great good things, as many of you know. This week I was able to experience that as I made a faux pas that hurt/offended a dear friend. After confessing and asking forgiveness it was beautifully granted. Wow! That is so humbling! And yet it is also such a great way to feel the reality of God's forgiveness in such a tangible way! The dear friend is a Christian, and I'll tell you, keeping short accounts and doing what God asks when you've messed up sure does make sleeping a lot more restful!

So, what good things were great in your week?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like things are great! I finally posted again and if you check there you can see about my week. M