Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm hungery so I'm blogging...

I have a new strategy for not snacking my way through the afternoon. If I don't have anything else to do I'll blog. That will keep me from opening the fridge and eating, and it will keep my blog more active. So, what do you think? Probably sounds pretty stupid to some of you, but believe me, there are just certain hours where I need an appointment to do something or I will eat! Time to tackle that problem so I can get the full benefit from the time I'm spending on that step thing doing aerobics.


I have a couple of scrapbook page sneak peeks to share. These are for a class at Keepsakes By Design - schedule will come out in a couple of weeks. The first one is a page with wedding theme for a ... well, a class on doing wedding layouts. There is another layout all done for this class, but not photographed for sneak peeks at this point. Interesting thing about this page though, is that I saw a digital layout here: http://www.balzerdesigns.typepad.com/ and I did the page IRL. Loved the sketch for its openness and simplicity, and really loved making the elements and embellishments. So, here are two photos that give you an idea of what the page will entail without giving the whole thing away:

The next peek is at a page of my mom dressed for her Junior Prom. This is a separate class on using the new Boxer line from Basic Grey. Again, there will be another layout in this class, using the same line of patterned papers, but with a very different theme. I like this use of my mom's photo. She went to the prom in the early 60's (like 1961, I think), so its not really vintage, but it's not current. These papers were perfect for that. I used some crackle paint, which I loved, and made mini flowers from a technique I saw on this blog: http://rebeccasower.typepad.com/rs_out_of_hand/ some time ago. Here's a look:

I've got a page I'm working on for the prima challenge, but it is not ready to show yet. It could be done, but I feel like it needs a little something more. I love the photos and certain elements about it, but it is so . . . well, plain. The challenge gives a sketch and says do something with it. I think I was to wedded to the sketch and focused on getting that part right that I was weak in planning embellishments. So, I will work on that some more (have until April 25th to finish that) and hopefully I'll be happier with the results soon.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I wish I were scrapping! I have been working like crazy since getting home. I hope to get some things for the next schedule done. Not even sure what they are yet! Sometimes figuring out what to do is 3/4's of the battle!
What peeks you shared look great!