Thursday, March 6, 2008

LEO GOES FOR A RIDE - and other stuff!

He's loving it! He thinks going along for a ride is the best thing that can happen to a dog. And he's usually pretty well behaved in doing so. I probably should take him more often. But, it means leaving Bo behind, because Bo is pretty certain that being in the car is the absolute worst torture available to dogs. As Leo continues to age (he's 4 1/2 now) I'll probably take him more often. Just not when I have a passenger for the front seat, because Leo knows that is his spot, and he's not really willing to compromise on that issue.

Jansse is home from school sick for the second day in a row. It is so discouraging! It seems that he has been ill frequently this year. And, I don't know what to do to prevent it. I hear that illnesses abound all over the place this year, so I guess we are just getting our share. Still, it is discouraging.

Going into a pretty busy weekend. Danielle will be with us while her parents celebrate their wedding anniversary. Jansse has his third snow boarding lesson. Andy and I have an evening out on Friday And as a family we are going to the Lemar Valley in Yellowstone - assuming the weather is good enough on Sunday. Should be some fun.

I'm trying my hand at a little bit of digital scrapbooking. Once I learned how to open a blank document and put things into it, I took right to it, but that first step was a BIG ONE! I actually had to look at three online resources to figure that out. Since I always open documents by opening a particular photo, I just wasn't sure what or how to do a blank one. Silly me! So, last night I learned something!

More in a few days!

2 comments:

Jeffrey Sharkey said...

Digital scrapbooking sounds like fun. :)

I've done alot of digital design work in the past, and I've found a couple places to be lifesavers:

I often get stuck looking for a good pallete, and COLOURlovers is an excellent site for finding inspiration.
http://www.colourlovers.com/

I've often found a perfect element for a design, but its small and looks horrid when made bigger. Vector Magic will take these pictures and turn them into vector graphics. (Vector images are defined by math, so you can zoom in infinitely without any pixellation.)
http://vectormagic.com/

Also, I hear that somehow we both know Sharon Laakkonen. :) I'm a graduate student down at MSU.

Jenn said...

Dabbling in the digital realm are we? Have fun....I just can't wrap my mind around it. I am such a "touchy-feely" kind of person...digital is so "flat" anyhow...sounds like fun to be learning something new.