Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Morning Before Spring

Tomorrow is the first day of spring, and I thought this would be a good day to take a look at how my garden is doing in preparation for the big event. You will see, that although there is much beauty, it is not the kind that we generally associate with spring.

This is the junipers in the landscaping around the house:
Here we have the most blatant sign of spring in the yard - buds on the aspen trees. Notice they are encased in ice. Still beautiful. I hope they survive the freezing to become leaves!
And this is the path towards the swing set.
The gate to the vegetable garden:
The stone path in my flower garden:
Some chicken wire in the garden that makes a beautiful pattern in the snow.
There you have it! Spring Eve in Montana.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am thankful that I am already seeing the signs of spring here in california. The flowers have bloomed and the waether is FANTASTIC!

Elizabeth Wickland said...

Take a peek at My Inner Martha... YOU MAKE MY DAY!