Friday, April 10, 2009

Learning to Whistle!

He's practicing all the time. Since Sunday, when he only had one note, he's added a few. He's excited about this skill! So cute, but I admit, sometimes the constant noise borders on driving me bananas.

Busy funky day today: Mary Kay follow up appointment, grocery shopping, pick up prescriptions, banking, meeting regarding a women's event at church, and then a root canal procedure for me. All with J tagging along as there is no school for him today. I think I'll come home and flop into bed after - although I need to be more available for Andy, as he gets on a plane first thing tomorrow morning to go to the funeral.

I'm thinking this may be one of those days where I am glad it ends!

I got yet another call about doing a family photo early this morning, which is just a thrill for me. And an encouragement as well!

It's Good Friday, with so much meaning, somberness and yet hope. I pray a blessing on all of you as you go through this day!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

THat is SOOOO cool! I can't ever remembering not whistling, but I would really love to do is that really loud one where you stick your fingers in your mouth...

Kate said...

That's so FUN!

Jenn O said...

Oooh, good luck with the root canal...hope you get that under the covers time afterward.

Whistling is quite a talent-love the photo!

audrey neal said...

busy, busy --take some time to just enjoy yourself too!

Kelly said...

Yay for J!!

Ouch - root canal!

Have a wonderful weekend ;o)

shimelle said...

he is doing much better than i ever did -- i think i spent every spare five minutes in grade school trying to learn to whistle but to this day there is positively nothing when i try!
wishing you a delightful weekend!

liz mataraza said...

how funny! i love watching mine try to whistle. he just hasn't got it quite down yet and spits everywhere!

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday!