Thursday, April 9, 2009

...with grace.

I was listening to the radio this morning and on Focus on the Family they were talking about mom's and wives as managers and CEO's of their household. After a long list of tasks and issues that we moms deal with the host said maybe some of us handle all of that "with grace." I almost drove off the road laughing at that! I'm not sure I handle it all in the first place, and if I do, I know I don't do it gracefully. But I'm working on it. Yes, that is me, just about 20 minutes ago. I thought it would be good to catch an image of myself, since I haven't done it in awhile.

It's been four days since I blogged, and it feels like eons. I haven't even had much time to check other people's blogs these days. Lots of stuff going on, with plenty of opportunities to see how God has been faithful!

He's bringing signs of spring: These are the columbine in my garden, which are surrounded by patches of snow, but showing strength and encouragement anyway just by their very presence! And here is J on a walk with me last Sunday:

With this young man as my son I don't think I could ever think anything but that God is good!

This was today, in the back yard, and I love how you can see the reflections of the branches of the apple tree in the rain drop - yes RAIN DROP, which means the snow is being washed away a bit today - HURRAY!

My start with Mary Kay has been a good one, and thanks very much to God, I am really enjoying it. I was so sure it would always be awkward and uncomfortable, but really, in His faithfulness God has allowed me to connect with the women I'm interacting with and it has often been a time of laughter, encouragement (both from me and to me) and joy. And, all signs are that it will go a long way towards meeting my income goals, which is such a sign of hope for me!

I'm also facing a little spurt of photography activity - one for pay, and one for fun. I'll be doing a fun photo for a friend's daughter next weekend. My friend is just in awe of how grown up her daughter looked in her prom dress, so we are going to document that! And also next week, I'll be doing my first ever maternity shoot with a woman I met while studying in the Library in January. Don't know how the weather will be for that maternity shot, but I'm thinking unless it is just too cold or pouring rain (or God forbid, snow) we've got some amazing things we can do outside with the Bridger mountains as the backdrop to her ranch.

I'm in process of organizing my new scrapbooking space - it is amazing how well suited Andy's old office is to a crafting space! So, hopefully in a few days I'll have that to share - and maybe even a project or two that were created there!

In the mean time, here is a photo from Sunday. These eagles are just loving the cottonwood trees across the road from our house. And I am loving getting to see them. This day there were three (3!!!!) within 50 feet of each other almost all afternoon. This is just one of them.

And I was not using my telephoto lens! They just sat up there as I walked around under them on the road!

Tomorrow is not school for J, but we have many errands! Hopefully we can squeeze in a few more photos of him with his eyes open. I'll be back to share more! I've missed blogging, and as I'm figuring out how to make the schedules work with Mary Kay, scrapbooking, Andy's office in town and all my normal household CEO stuff, I'm determined to work blogging in regularly!

Blessings to everyone!

3 comments:

Sweet Peripety said...

great pics- and super congrats on the photography opps coming your way1 God bless!

audrey neal said...

It looks like things are really coming together for you in a wonderful way. Faith is a wonderful thing...congrats on all the great things happening, and as usual, love the pictures!

vtpuggirl said...

I know what you mean, the blogging thing is hard to work into the schedule. Glad you are finding your niche!