Friday, October 16, 2009

Outside my window. . . A sunny day, with green still in the lawn - amazing for October.

I am thinking . . . I have a lot to do, but it is all do-able if I can just stay focused (and insert a bit of rest now and then so I can keep my energy levels up). I'm also thinking and praying for a friend in crisis. I found myself advising her to do what is right, not because it is easy, not because it is more enjoyable, not because she will like the result, but just because it is right and God asks us to do it. I cling to that thought - it may not produce the result the world tells me to seek, but if it is right in God's eyes I really need to do it. It is comforting and challenging to live that thought!

I am thankful for... my continued renewed energy; a wonderful husband who is so worthy of my respect; a child who brings so much joy; opportunities to do some of the things I have a passion for in life.

From the kitchen...tonight "Fancy Quicidillas" with goat cheese for me - remember, part of my feeling better is the elemination of cow dairy - and lots of roasted veggies and chicken to make them "fancy."

I am wearing... jeans, my popcorn shirt and a sweater, and not any make-up yet.

I am creating...back up files for my photos because my hard drive needs more room!

I am reading...The C Factor, The Common Cure for your Capital Campaign Conundrums by Patrick G. McLaughlin. It's for our school fund raising related to the new building we're doing, and for general fundraising.

I am hoping...for two good photo shoots this weekend and time to finish two other processing jobs.

I am hearing...silence. But, if I talk to Tana, the cat, I will hear Leo the dog jump off his bed, run down the stairs and trot over to me to be sure he gets in on the attention action.

One of my favorite things...there are so many, I hate to choose, but right now I have to say, simplifying my schedule and not being over committed

A few plans for the rest of the week... enjoy the weekend of football game, photo shoots, log splitting, working on a work project with Andy, church, and relaxing Sunday evening while watching Amazing Race with J.

A picture to share...

This is from last October. We won't get these wonderful golden colors this year because the zero degree morning on Monday killed off the chances of that. Oh well, glad I have pictures to remind me of last year's splendor. This year will have it's own dull brownish grey beauty, and I will enjoy that too!

3 comments:

lisa truesdell said...

beautiful photos, and beautiful thoughts. hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Lauren said...

Love, Love, LOVE your scenic photos as always! Such a GORGEOUS place!

Jenn said...

Not much COLOR over here either! Bummer! I missed out on getting good fall pics of my kids this year...oh well...glad that you are getting back to "normal"....maybe the dietary changes are the "missing link"