Thursday, October 8, 2009

So, umm, our Spider cat died.

Yeah, that is the thing on our hearts around here today.

Last night I found her on the laundry room floor - right in the doorway - apparently suffering from a stroke and going constantly in and out of siezures. I knew right away that she was not going to make it through the night. Andy ended up having to take her into the all night vet to have them put her down because she went into a siezure that didn't stop for about an hour - not until they gave her the shot. Vet thinks she had a blood clot - I assume that means a stroke.

While my heart is sad to lose our friend of ten plus years, it is absolutely shattered for J, who mourns from the depth of his soul.

He got to say good-bye last night and pet her body this morning - that is important to him! He's doing better than when Bo died last October. But I now that after Bo died he went into a depression tail spin that lasted for 9 months. I would do just about anything to prevent that from happening again.

This tragedy happened after J and I had a really wonderful mother-son afternoon. We needed to wait in town for Andy, and after getting his homework done at the libary, J suggested we walk around downtown. So we did. It was snowing lightly, and not too cold. Here are some of the things we saw:

It was a great walk, and very special momma and son time. He told me how much he really enjoyed it!

So, today he decided he wanted to go to school. I'm praying for him to make it through the day well. Then, tomorrow is a day off, and we'll have a quiet day at home to just be and adjust.

4 comments:

Kristii said...

I am so sorry my friend!!!! My thoughts and prayers go up for your family!!! Love the pics you took on your walk...there's nothing better than mother/son time!!! Love ya girl!

Michelle said...

We are so sorry to hear about Spider. We are praying for Jansse and you guys.

Fuzzy said...

Oh wow!!! So sorry for you guys! Spider was a special cat! Lots of love to you all, especially to J.

Jenn said...

Sorry to hear about your feline friend. I know just how hard it is on lids when their pet passes. We lost 2 of our dogs last year and I thought my kids would never be able to move on....but they did with time. hugs and prayers