Monday, October 26, 2009

Smells good here!

Making bread today to go with the homemade chili for dinner.

Spent the weekend quietly allowing J to recover from a cold. I don't think it was the flu, but he was pretty happy snuggling up at home most of the weekend. He did go out on Saturday afternoon with his dad to cut down a tree. But otherwise he did a lot of this:

He's really into crafting and drawing and painting these days. And he got out his legos this weekend, which is really rare - he's not generally inclined towards activities that take small motor skills. But he's having a spurt of it, and I'm over joyed because he could use development in that area so that his handwriting can be smaller and neater.

I did some crafting too:

Actually, those were done on Thursday when I had my friends over for some crafting - hi girls! It was fun! I'm focused on using up some of my "older" papers, and finding that I have some treasures I'm excited to work with in my stash. Probably only need to be adhesive for the next couple of months, and that just might fit in my budget - adhesive above the black line, new papers and embellies BELOW!

I did more scrapbooking over the weekend, but they are as a gift for someone so I can't show them. Let me just say I'm keeping them very simple because I think that is what will be the most appreciated. Not my usual style, tons of photos per page, minimal embellishments, and surprisingly satisfying! I am going to do some similar for myself for those series of photos where I just want to get those family photos and stories archived in a way that they can be passed down to future generations.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Cute layouts and love the pictures of him painting! Maybe one day he'll treasure them. I'm going through childhood photos and there is a picture of me painting that I treasure. I will have to share the story one of these days.

Jenn said...

Seeing J paint reminded of my kids painting pictures on watercolor postcards (something my aunt gave us, along with LOTS of other fun kid craft stuff) anyway they had a great time painting pictures and them we mailed them off to various family...everyone LOVED it! As a matter of fact my Aunt even framed some of postcards and hung them on her wall!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous layouts xxx

Larajc said...

wonderful layouts! I bet your house smelled good with your cooking! It is good to get the kids to be creative!

Kristii said...

Looks like J had fun even though he was sick!! So glad you got to do some crafting my friend!! Beautiful layouts!! I missed not being there!!