Sunday, January 27, 2008

UNEXPECTED WEEKEND OUTING

So, on Friday when I left off I did not think this weekend would be offering much in the way of interesting blog material. I thought (and was correct) that my Saturday would be full of teaching a class on journaling at a teacher's workshop sponsored at my church, and then going and tending to class sign-ups at the Keepsakes By Design open house event, and then falling into bed exhausted at the end of the day. Yep, went pretty much as planned.

But, today, Sunday, was a bit different than planned. I knew it would be a full day, and did not anticipate getting anything in but the teaching Sunday School class (doing Nancy Leigh DeMoss' Seeking Him series with a group of women at church), going to worship service, coming home and combing over the Senior Pastor applications for the Search Committee meeting in the evening, and then attending that meeting. But, somehow, Andy and Jansse and Bridger concocted a scheme where we would go for a run/walk up Cottonwood Canyon in the snow. It goes something like this: Andy and Bridger run to a certain point. Jansse and I walk until we meet up with them on their way back down the canyon, and then we all walk back to the car together. (For those of you wondering, more on who Bridger is later). So, we did that. And, here are some photos of my wonderful boy, you know, the one I enjoyed walking with today unexpectedly!

Yes, he is a ham!

Bridger is an 18 year old young man we know through Andy's law practice who found himself cold and homeless in our town that has a new multi-million dollar animal shelter but absolutely no homeless shelter for humans. So, through God's calling and directing, he is living in our home. To simplify things, let me just say, it is complicated, challenging, frustrating, and stressful. But, God has put it on both our hearts that this is what we need to be doing today. Tomorrow, who knows what God will put on our hearts to do relative to this situation. That may not seem logical to many, and I'm sorry I can't explain it any better than that. He's been with us for a little over three weeks now. It is a learning experience for Andy and I, and hopefully not for Jansse in so many areas. As for whether we are doing anything that will be of lasting benefit to Bridger, only God knows that. Some may ask: What benefit is there in this for the Breuners? Well, at this point, we just trust that God has a plan, and He will use this to mold and sculpt us more into His image. It is so much a leap of faith, I cannot even begin to fathom it, yet, here we are living it. I often ask myself "What are we DOING?" with a lot of condemnation for our decision. But ultimately, I know that right now this is what God wants. That just has to be enough.

Not the busiest week coming up, but lots of tasks to do around the house. Hopefully something fun to blog about and some fun photos to post!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I know all about doing things that may seem "crazy" but you do because of promptings from our Heavenly Father. Just know that sometimes the lessons to be learned are not ours...know what I mean? And in the end we are ALL better for it.