Tuesday, August 18, 2009

All Over The Place!

That is what this post will be. Just the way it is.

First, I have done some scrapbooking (very little) in the last month, and here is the result. I scrap-lifted something from Lisa Dickinson and came up with this:

NEW SUBJECT: I've been using my camera in manual mode more. I'm figuring if I wanted to use it only in auto then I should have just bought the best point and shoot I could find and saved myself some money. I'm using some tutorials from 2 Peas photography board and enjoying it. I'm also shooting my images raw and then doing better processing of them on the computer. Takes a few extra steps, but seems to be worth it.

NEW SUBJECT: Went on a big hike with J and his friend yesterday. The boys did really well together, but J struggled with a couple of things. He fell off a rock and scraped himself up pretty bad, which was so sad. He tried so hard not to cry in front of his friend.

Then another thing happened that he found to be mortifying, but so embarrassing that I will not post it here. And he was so afraid his new friend, who he really likes, wouldn't want to be his friend because of that. It broke my heart to see him so stressed out. And believe me, it was indeed something humiliating and embarrassing, but not something that J did wrong. Fortunately, this boy is a real "man of good character" because he just showed love and friendliness to J through the whole day. This is a friend I am hoping we can keep around for years to come. Based on how he acted yesterday, I think he would be a great guy to have J go through adolescence with - good Christian boy with the character to prove it!

NEW SUBJECT: Well, sort of a revisit of an old subject. I seem to be pressed with photo shoots coming up. I've got two this week, and an appointment to talk about a third (Senior Photo). Very exciting, but also daunting because I'm struggling to stay caught up on the photo processing part of it all. Need to get my rear in gear for that and dedicate some time to it.

Enough for today. Lots to do besides sit at the computer and play.

No comments: