Sunday, August 23, 2009

Push-ups in the Creek?

We did a quick (24 hour) trip camping, just the three of us. Tons of fun! We always go short, because, well, because that's the way Andy likes it. J and I would stay for days, but Andy does not like to get home on Sunday and then go to work on Monday, so we always start on Friday afternoon and come home Saturday evening. It works for us. I've taken my new camera off of the automatic mode, and am in straight manual. That way I'll learn more and more about photography. Every new situation is a learning experience. So, some of these photos are only so/so. Not to be making excuses or anything, but they are all learning experiences! We had a blast! And couldn't you just fall into those bluer than blue eyes? Oh my! They make me dreamy! I never saw so many butter flies and moths, but fortunately almost no mosquitos. Amazing! Often, when taking photos, my feet looked like this (or sometimes in even more water!). It was cold! The rocks were slippery! But it felt good to tromp around in the creek!

I love this photo because you can see the shadows of the seeds that are in these berries. These berries were all over the place.

J spent as much time in the water as he possibly could - he has always always always loved the water. He brought a tube, tied it to a tree, and belly surfed in the cold water!
When not snapping photos or making meals I sat on a little island in the creek and read a book much of the time. Talk about relaxing! Ahhh!
More belly surfing from my little water bug!
Andy got in the water with J - they played quite a bit in the creek, but no fishing this time.
Andy even did some push-ups in the creek - not what I planned to do in the creek. I think I'll stick to dipping my feet and reading or taking photos.
It was so fun to just relax all afternoon and then again almost all of the next day!
More than anything, it was great that this guy got to have some fun with his momma and papa!!
Today, Sunday, it is drizzling and not great for camping. So, I'm glad we're weird and come home on Saturday evenings, because I'd hate to be packing up a wet tent and cleaning up from a muddy camp.
Two weeks and one day until school starts. We're hoping to make the best of it with lots of playing and doing until then!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like you had fun.

Jenn said...

Hey we don't think it's weird to only go for one day. We often do as well, since we try not to travel or do anything other than go to church on Sundays....our reasons are different but the end reslut is the same.
Oh and by the way...nice to see you in a couple photos...and i REALLY like the haircut...it makes you look so young!