Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wind skiing?

I guess this would be called Wind Skiing.  Or Para-skiing.  It sure looks like fun.  J and I seem them doing this as we are driving home most afternoons.


Work is going well.  Today I went to a meeting with the City of Bozeman planners regarding so prelimnary issues on our new school building.  That was a bit of the familiar from my past career as an enviornmental attorney - land use and environmental law have some cross-over issues.  It was fun and stimiulating to go, although my main interest for my job is to know about timing on getting permits approved and unexpected costs, because those issues dictate how much and by when I need to raise money.

Adjusting to working is going pretty well.  This week I've stuck to my schedule of what I want to be the "normal" day.  There will be times when this cannot work, but so far this week, so good.  I get home with time to do step aerobics and make dinner while J does homework.  Then we have the rest of the evening to enjoy and relax.  Of course there are little issues like laundry and doing the dishes that take up some of that relaxing time, but I'll get used to it.

The hardest part of the adjustment is definately the early rising in the morning.  I used to be able to get J off to school before I had to shower, and often I stayed in sweats or p.j.s until noon.  Not any more!  I have to be up, showered, and dressed in a skirt or dress every morning.  Saturdays sleeping in until 9 a.m. is going to be a real luxury!

Hope to have more tomorrow.  I've got two layouts I did over a week ago to photograph and share.  Maybe I'll get that done after school tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and my heart goes out to all those hurting and frightened people in Haitti!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad that you are settling in with new job so well....My new job is going well too. This relationship is still more difficult than i would hope for. I would say that is where i have been doing most of the eye-rolling. I am still moving forward with some of those "private" goals....anyhow...hang in there...the laundry and the dishes will get done....eventually! (wink)

lisa truesdell said...

omgosh, paraskiing looks too cool!! i'm glad you're settling into a routine - that's the hardest part of a big change.

Houston said...

I hope you get settled into your new routine quickly. Can't wait to see your layouts!

Unknown said...

I bet paraskiing is so much FUN! Hope your new schedule settles in soon.

Kristii said...

It was so good to see you this weekend my friend!!! I am thankful for you and your friendship!! God's blessings be yours!!!