Monday, April 28, 2008

Cleats and Catch

First baseball practice is tomorrow, so Jansse and Andy went out and got some cleats today. Size 3 Nikes just right for the job. But RED?

Its what Jansse wanted. No subtle about that boy. By the way, he wants me to refer to him not as Jansse, but as "Baseball Boy" for the rest of this blog post - and then hopefully I can go back to calling him Jansse.
He got this new glove a few weeks ago, and I am pleased to say he can catch pretty well - at least get his glove on the ball most of the time, and sometimes even do this:
And then, there are the times where catch can look a little like dancing.
But, isn't he supposed to be willing to move those feet? and with these red hot dancing shoes, Baseball Boy better move around a lot. Anything to keep getting these kind of results:
Our first season is underway, and I was afraid instead of Baseball Boy we'd have "I can't do it, discouraged boy" because he doesn't have any team experience. Now, seeing what he can do I'm feeling better. Remember, I think I posted a bit about the fact that he can bat too. He says he wants to be a pitcher. I'm hoping he can wait for that until he's grown more and his shoulder has more protective muscle. But then, I'm just a mom, as it has been pointed out to me when I voiced my opinion on 8 year old pitchers.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm glad to see that he is at least "trying" the baseball thing out. Ironically NONE of boys are big sports-guys. Although Matt (18) did have a love for baseball. Caleb loves it too, but honestly is just NOT athletic.

Fuzzy said...

The red cleats are awesome! Full of style!! He should be a catcher like his uncle Daniel, but then its bum knees you've gotta worry about.