Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Inspired Art




These are all projects I did in one three hour class at the Inspired Artist's Workshop. It was Kal Bartaski's class - see link to her blog at the upper right. She's the Love Life artist who has a "Bullet Proof Positive Attitude." I loved her class. All there of these pieces constitute my first ever attempts to use colored Pencils (or Pencil Crayons as Kal calls them). I learned that the white functions as a blending pen, something I didn't know, but love playing with! And, it goes so quickly! Like I said, all three of these were completed in less than three hours. The first one is completely free form - just whatever I put down. The other two or made with the help of two different photo transfer methods and then using the Pencil Crayons to complete them. I plan to do more with these techniques, and I'm excited to see how I can incorporate them into scrapbooking and journal making.
Tomorrow I hope to have a project I made with cedar fencing - you'll be absolutely amazed at how elegant it is!
Enjoy!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the one of Danielle! What photo transfer method did you use

Jenn said...

Very inspired! Looks like you had a lot of fun!