Thursday, April 17, 2008

FOUR CLASSES

A new session of classes is starting at Keepsakes By Design, and on Saturday we're having an open house to promote them. I'll share four of the six I'm teaching here today. These are all scrapbook pages classes. The other two I'll teach are not pages - one is a nature journal, and the other is a set of Birthday decorations. They are not ready to show yet - I've got to get busy, because Saturday is almost here, and they have to be ready by then!

So, lets start with the class on using the Prima Build-a-Frame stamps. I love these stamps! There are two pages here. The first one shows how to miter the corners when using these stamps. We'll be giving a tool downloaded from Prima's website to each of the students. The second page does not use the mitering, and shows that it still looks good that way. It also uses the frames both to frame the entire page, and to make mini-frames for individual photos. Now, these are very basic uses of these stamps, but we've found that while a lot of people want these stamps, they don't use them because they are intimidated. So, this is just a "get your feet wet" class. Pretty simple, but hopefully something to open the opportunities for these stamps to be used and not just sit in a collection of supplies.

This next class also uses PRIMA products - this time the Dude line of paper. I love this line! It is so perfect for my exuberant son! In this class students will see the diversity of these papers. They will learn a pleating technique, some weaving, and a lot of doodling techniques - I know, since when did doodling have "technique" to it. But, for a lot of people doodling is a bit too free form, and they shy away from it. Hopefully this class will help them to realize that they can do it, and do it well. Total confidence builder - at least that's the goal. Well, here they are:



The third class uses the Basic Grey Boxer line, which is a beautiful line of patterned papers! The first layout is a scraplift of a layout displayed at CHA by another paper company. In this class we will learn to stamp on patterned paper, use the Queen and Co. felt laces in a different way, make circle flowers, and use some of the crackle paints -which are pretty new to our store - and using the negative space of a CRICUT cut. By the way, that is my mom's photo from her Junior Prom. I love that this paper is great for that early 1960's time period - not quite vintage, but not modern either. But it is diverse enough to do a current topic, like the Cuddle Time layout.


These Wedding Pages are a first for me! I don't think we've ever offered a class on wedding pages at the store either. Dreams is a layout I designed after seeing something from my friend and fellow design team member, Elizabeth Wickland. I changed it up in some ways, but the basic structure is hers. It uses the Prima Build a Frame stamps, and the yellow with the Lily on it is actually an envelope where journaling or other keepsakes can be stored. The other page is a scraplift from a woman I saw on Two Peas In A Bucket - and I think I may have posted this photo in an earlier post. The original layout was digital, and mine is not at all. I used pearl beads, crackle paint, cardboard -on a wedding page, you bet! - stitching, glitter, transparent acrylic, and all sorts of fun things! The real point of this class is to get those of us who don't feel adequate to do pages as important as wedding pages to have some confidence and get to it. These are some of the funnest photos to work with because they are so meaningful, so I'm hoping to motivate the students to dive in and play with them!

So, that's my page classes for the next 10 weeks! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Everything looks great. I really like the last wedding one...beautiful.
See ya Saturday!

~Amie~ said...

I love all your work! great job!