Tuesday, May 27, 2008

They are home!

And the star of the show is Jansse! Just a couple of fun pics of him on the trip to Lake Tahoe.

He fished, but in order to do so, had to first catch live minnows with the minnow trap. Here he is getting them out of the water.
He's pretty independent in the row boat now. I guess it impressed grandpa enough that he went out and bought some proper oars for the boat. That was cool!
They had cloudy skies and cooler weather the entire holiday weekend, but that didn't stop Jansse and Andy from having some great fun.
Uncle Rich taught Jansse some archery skills, and then gave Jansse some equipment. Thanks Uncle Rich! This is going to be so fun this summer! Jansse is thrilled!
And he played some fun games with Grandma, and also with the cousins.
They did some clean up around the cabin as well, raking pine needles from the roof and from the grounds. That is the Memorial Day tradition, and it was good for Jansse to be part of it. He loves Lake Tahoe and anytime he can get there he thinks it is the absolute best thing in the world! I'm glad they got to go, although I missed them and want to go next time.

I am also very glad they are home! Five days without them is just too much for me. I'm a wimp about being away from my husband and my son. Just the way God made me.

No comments: