Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Two Pager!

For awhile I've been doing one page layouts with my scrapbooking. Mostly things about people, not so much about events. They are usually heavily embellished, with lots of details. Sort of artsy in a way. I've enjoyed that, and will continue to do that.

Here is one in that "artsy" "well embellished" style that I did for a contest I mentioned some months back. I didn't win the contest, but I like my layouts anyway, and I'm sharing one here.

But, the past couple of days the thought has been brewing in my mind (yes, thoughts do brew there from time to time) that maybe I need to scrapbook some events - you know, "What we did for Summer Vacation" type pages. It is a completely different scrapbook animal, and it is all I used to do - LONG LONG time ago. While I love my artsy pages, I think there is a place for the other as well. And, I decided to do that this morning. Here it is:
It is so simple! The more photos, the less I do on the page. So, here I just painted behind the title and journaling, and put on one embellishment.

Yep, that sticker is my one little embellishment. So simple! So effective at letting the photos tell the story.

You would think I could just whip out a bunch of these, right? No! Still took me over two hours! What is wrong with me that I can't do a page in less than two hours? Am I crazy? What do I do with all my time? Ugh!

So that is my two pager. Hope you enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I so know what you mean...about pages sometimes taking forever! Sometimes it takes me ALL day!!!
LO is cute though...you did good!
Hey are you going Saturday?