Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yesterday was ... hard.

Yep, we have days like that. It was supposed to be a really good day, ending with the great excitement of Jansse's first baseball game. But, it didn't turn out that way.
First, we got two "nasty grams" in the mail. One not directed at us, but telling us about someone elses supposed wrong behavior. It just makes my heart sink to get things like that because it serves no purpose but to divide people, and that is never loving or kind or really even necessary. The other "nasty gram" was directed to us and others who participated in a particular court action that the writer did not care for. It was depressing because we had really prayed about what to do in that situation and determined we were doing the right thing by participating. Again, the letter was not uplifting of anyone, and served no purpose other than to tear people down. Useless waste of time! So, that set a bit of a low tone for the afternoon.
Then, we went to Jansse's game, and nobody was there! We waited, and two other families showed up, but not the 14 families of our team, and nobody from the other team. We quickly realized we must be at the wrong ball field, and spent the next 45 minutes driving all around Bozeman looking for our team. Never found them. Jansse was sad. I repeat Jansse was sad. Poor guy! When we got home we talked to the coach by phone and he apologized for not telling us that the game was at a new field - he acknowledged that he had told some families, but not others. Poor coach was really catching bad things from the other families who missed the game, and I felt bad for him because he certainly did not intend to cause a problem. From our end, all is forgiven, and even Jansse understands and wants to be friendly and encouraging to the coach who is being bombarded with negative complaints at this time. So, Jansse ended up playing catch, batting, and doing fielding exercises with his dad at home in our own green field.

I was so proud of him for making the most of a challenging situation. I think at his age I might have cried and been very unwilling to have anything to do with Baseball for a couple of hours.

But not my boy! He is so good at bouncing back and making the best of his situation. I admire that in him!

That was the end of the bad things. Then, it rained. Actually, first there was a huge wind storm. I mean wild! Howling wind! Amazing! Exciting! Knocked out the power multiple times! The, it rained. It has been raining pretty much ever since, which is a good thing because the crops need rain, the grass needs rain, and it is not snow!

I'll take it! It is more like what spring usually is around here.

I started a bit of a project. I took all my scrapbook pages out of the books and organized them in chronological order. I don't scrap chronological, but I decided I want to store that way. It is a big project that takes up a lot of room. I hope to have them all back into books by the end of today.

It is neat to go back and see all the things I've done, and how my scrapbooking has progressed. I am going to have a couple of weekends with lots of crafting (I hope!), so it is exciting to be inspired by what is already done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love reading your blog, susan beth. your family is so beautiful and you live in an amazing place.

i'll be praying for you and the "nasty gram" senders.

jen

Fuzzy said...

Well even if you missed the game we can all rest assured that the cleats look fantastic!
Love you!

Stephanie said...

Susan Beth, so sorry about your challenging week, but I'm glad your little guy is pretty easy going! He must get that from you, and it's a good thing to have.
make lemonade.
thank you for the lovely comments about my pages, that's so sweet of you. Hope to see you in Boze soon at something scrappy;)