Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bits and Pieces

There are a bunch of things going through my mind to share with you. And some pictures I took on a walk the other day.
I heard something I didn't know. It's very random, but did you know that Macy's is based in Cincinnati? I always thought it was based in New York, so I was surprised to hear that on the radio yesterday.
Also heard on the radio, the full moon this month is called the Frosty Moon or the Beaver Moon. Just the kind of thing that I like to share with J, because he is interested in that kind of stuff.
By the way, this is J through the back window of the truck (which needs to be cleaned). He gets the gate as we come home, and then instead of getting back in the truck, he rides on the bumper. I know, not what everyone wants their kid to do, but we go slow, and he loves it. One of those little unique to us things that he will probably remember when he grows up.
Also wanted to share that the Christmas cards are coming along - but they are taking longer than I expected. Isn't that the way these things go!
And, my depression continues to dissipate, to the point now, where it would be a bit of a stretch to say I was feeling depressed yesterday or today. That is a really great thing from my perspective, but I continue to be on the look out for ups and downs. I don't want to get cocky about this and think that I am out of danger. But I am optimistic that I will have some smooth sailing for awhile.
Today I'm off to West Yellowstone with Andy. He's got a trial in a couple of weeks down there, and needs to do some witness interviews. I, of course, am taking my camera and going to play. but the three hours of driving time there and back are a time we can spend together, which is a pretty good deal!
Have a great day!

6 comments:

Jennifer Davis said...

Beautiful photos as always, I am so sorry to hear about your dear friend. May she find peace...

Jen

Helsbells said...

Susan Beth, I haven't read your blog since last week. I'm sorry to read that you've been feeling low. I really hope things are getting better.

You take the most beautiful photographs and I'm always inspired by the views that you capture.

Thinking about you right now and you are in my prayers xxx

Lisa Dorsey said...

So happy to hear that you are feeling better. Sending prayers for your friend. As for J, I am sure the memories of riding on the back of truck are worth the small risk of him riding there.

mommy2alex said...

Lovely pictures, I look forward to seeing your gorgeous photos when I pop in!
That photo of J will make for a wonderful layout for him to remember when he's older:)
Glad to hear that you're doing better. Hope that you enjoy your qt with hubby today!

Larajc said...

Please feel better Susan, my heart goes out to you...I am sending you strength and kind hugs, so you can pull out of this slump. Go along, take pics, relax and breathe!

Wonderful pics!

Kristii said...

As always your photos are amazing!! I am so glad you are doing better!! I am thinking of you girl and I am sending you a smile!! I hope you had a great day with your sweetie!