Monday, November 17, 2008

Not what I expected!

So, my big crafting day was spent crafting! But, I did not get a single scrapbook page completed. I did complete our 100 Christmas Cards, and I began to make some tags for an advent project. But I have to admit, Mojo was fleeting - there in my head, not on the tags. So, no pictures to share as I expected. I admit, when Saturday night came around I was disappointed. But, it is good to have a box of finished Christmas cards!
We took our family picture for the Christmas cards yesterday. My brother was here to snap the photo, and, well, frankly we didn't have much to work with. It wasn't his fault. . . the sun was in our eyes, the poses were boring, J and Andy weren't interested in giving it a lot of time. It just wasn't this photographer's dream session. Oh well, I'll get over it. I did find one photo that wasn't straight out boring, and was technically okay, so we'll use it. Just for laughs, here are a couple of the boring rejects:
These meet my goal of at least once a month having a photo of J and I (my continuing tribute to Aleida). I've got September for sure, I think I did one in October, and now November is double covered - plus I've got the photo we are going to use in the card, which I will reveal after the cards are mailed out.
I have three photo shoots schedule between now and Thanksgiving for other families. It feels great that people want me to do their photos - and one of them is a paying job! Another may
be, but when the woman approached me at church we didn't really discuss that part. The third is definitely not, but that is okay. I'm trying to think of something really original to do with each of these families so that the resulting photos will be more than just technically good - can you tell I read a book that talked about going beyond the techniques and making an interesting photo? I feel a need for a special colorful bench or something that a whole family can be on. I love the chair I used for AL, but it only fits one. I may have to visit some thrift/antique stores to get inspired. (oh, now wouldn't that be torture!) So, Monday, here I come! Hope it is a good one for everyone!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics and Congrats on having all 100 Christmas cards completed!!!

Fuzzy said...

I'm excited to see the Christmas cards!! My hair is darker than normal, a VERY dark brown with Dark burgundy interspersed, it feels very wintry. I hope you have a great week and successful photo sessions! Love you!

Davinie Fiero said...

Getting 100 Christmas cards finished is no small potatoes, so congrats on that. It's not even December! YOu are on target. I love that you are focusing on monthly photos. I think of Aleida every time I do that myself.

Lauren said...

hey... you completed your christmas cards! that's awesome!

Stacey Michaud said...

Wow! That is a ton of cards. Good for you! Awesome news on all of your opportunities to take photos!

Denise said...

WOW! 100 cards completed. Excellent...I am impressed. That is wonderful that you are continuing to include yourself in photographs. Aleida would be very proud and you will be so thankful as will your son.

vtpuggirl said...

Wow, to have your Christmas cards done, that rocks! What a great feeling that must be! I like these pics, not boring to me.

Kelly said...

WOW!! 100!! I'm impressed.

It's so great that you are continuing with the family photo ;o)

Kristii said...

Wow, I can't believe you are done with your cards! I just now received all my paper for my cards!! You are amazing! Sorry you didn't get all wanted to do done! There is always tomorrow. Your family pics are fantastic-I can't wait to see the good ones!! Aleida would be proud!

Mye said...

These are beautiful! I say you made a good investment with these actions! wow, you finished 100 Christmas cards already. I cheated I brought mine this year.