Friday, November 14, 2008

Yellowstone Vistas

The park is closed to automobile traffic at the west entrance in West Yellowstone, Montana, but I hiked in off an old dirt road that is partially covered with snow and got a couple of "vista" shots from the banks of a creek.
It was a beautiful morning, and I was glad for the walk. I didn't get as many shots off as I hoped, because most of the walk was in a forested area. By the time I arrived at the views I was in a hurry to get back and pick Andy up at the appointed time.
Before we left for "West" as we call it, I grabbed a couple shots of our returning neighbors:
Every year in November the horses come to spend the winter on our neighbor's property. They are pretty friendly, and I'm going out daily to say hello to them, hoping that this weekend J can get out and feed them a carrot or two. Always a fun deal.

And this is just a shot I got walking back from the horses to the house. The lighting here is always interesting, especially with the clouds we've had all week.

Quick post, but I'm off to go take J to school and go to a Bible Study at church this morning. Tomorrow is going to be a big crafting day for me, so I'm getting kind of excited! Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have some fun things to share along the paper crafts line.

Have a great Friday!

7 comments:

Terri Davenport said...

Stunning photos!

Anna Willett said...

wow! you live in such an amazingly beautiful place...

Anonymous said...

I love visiting your blog for the wonderful photos. You must feel blessed to live where such beauty is right outside your door! TFS!

Davinie Fiero said...

Those are gorgeous scenic photos!

Denise said...

Gorgeous photos. Truly loved seeing them.

vtpuggirl said...

We have had those same storm clouds here, East Coast! Beautiful photos of you gorgeous scenery. I put my name down to win a quilt, but if I win you can have it. :)

Rita said...

Beautiful photos! Our last family vacation was to Yellowstone in 2004 and DH and I both agree it was one of the best times we've had as a family.