Sunday, November 23, 2008

No Way!

Has it really been since Wednesday that I haven't posted! Ugh! I promise to do better this week.
I ended up with a dentist appointment on Thursday, plus some other errands, and working Friday and Saturday, so blogging didn't get done. Sorry about that. To make up for it, I've got a couple of blog posts to do today.
I did two planned photo shots, and a bit of a tag along one last week. The first planned one went well, although we fought glare and the wind a bit. Here are some of the pictures so far from this one. There are things to work with, but that's largely because I shot almost 1500 photos trying to make sure we would have something to work with. I am not done editing those photos yet, but here are a couple of what we got going.
The second planned shoot was cold and starting to snow, and my camera reacted differently than I expected, so I'm a bit dissatisfied with the results. Plus, the cloud cover made it really dark even though it was before 4:30 p.m.. the darkness resulted in too slow of shutter speed, thus some camera shake effect. So, I'm offering to do that one over again. This was really the first time I struggled with a shoot and I'm having to tell myself that one mediocre set of photos do not define my abilities. Here are a couple of photos from that shoot. I used the Midnight Color action on them, and that helps to hide the flaws.

The third little shoot (the tag along) came with the first one, on the bright and sunny windy day. It was three very cute little girls I had never met before. They and their mom came with the other family to bring along desks to use as props. I wish I had more of a chance to get to know the girls in advance because they seemed so sweet, but the youngest was pretty shy of me. I got this photo of her, which I like, but it isn't exactly the happy go lucky little kid shot I'm used to getting.

So, that is a bit of an update about photos these last couple of days. If I get a chance I'll take my camera for a walk later this afternoon, as we have a bit of snow on the ground and it might be fun to see what interesting shots are available in the fading light.

More posts to come! - I hope!

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

What beautiful families, I know they'll love the photos because they're great!