Monday, November 10, 2008

What goes on in my head . . .

Is kind of frightening sometimes! I don't know any better way to say it.
We had a . . . see now, here is that frightening stuff. I want to describe our weekend. Do I say "fine," which coming from a woman can mean I'm irritated and want to be more drawn out, but I'm not irritated about the weekend. Do I say "normal" because although it was fine, there was nothing special about it? That seems like it was boring, and boring is not normal for us. Do I say it was good? Well, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't really "good" either in that it wasn't super special. Does it really matter?
Here are the most exciting highlights: I got up Saturday morning and went out with my camera and took some photos. This was designed to help fight off the depression, and I wouldn't say it worked perfectly, but Saturday was a more upbeat day than Friday. So, that was good. I was not super inspired by anything, but I got a couple of reasonably good shots:
I'm trying to shoot "RAW" and learning to edit from that. I've got some learning to do!
Saturday afternoon we took a quick trip (like there and back in under two hours) to cut down a tree and load it in the truck. J didn't want to go at first, but once he was up there he had a great time and was very helpful - he cut little branches off with his hatchet once the tree was on the ground.
The tree was a big one (thick trunk) but still went very quickly. We must be getting better at this or something.

Sunday was church, a couple of errands and a quiet afternoon at home, topped off by a bit of a stressful evening as I ran out the door to a meeting and J and Andy tussled over some previously forgotten homework.

I'm feeling emotionally better than late last week, but not quite myself yet. I'm glad it's better because I was headed to a very dark place. I'm praying it will continue to get better because I don't want to settle for where I am now. I'm also throwing in a bit of exercise to try to get my mood up.

Off to a day where hopefully I'll get something accomplished that is worthy of sharing here.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Your photos are lovely and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Christie Wildes said...

Ohhh ((hugs)) I really hope that you have a good day today...and that you can be inspired and lifted up.
Beautiful pictures, as always!
XO

Rita said...

I feel the same way about our weekends. I always have these great ambitions and then Sunday evening comes and I get a bit depressed about what I did/didn't get accomplished. I love the first photo! The color and contrast is amazing!

Denise said...

Beautiful photos. Love the look on your sons face. I hope every day is better than the previous!

vtpuggirl said...

Oh Susan Beth, as a professional, I think it's time to make an MD appointment. You can cancel it if you feel remarkably better. With the dark days of winter coming, I think you would be better to take an ounce of prevention. I care about you and I want you to be well.

Debbie Sherman said...

Love your photos! I live in Wyoming and have visited the park more times thatn I can count...the best part of that is i still see something new everytime I go.