Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Exciting acquisitions!

Last night to relax my mind I went a browsing in the 2 Peas Photo Gallery. And a young (I assume younger than I) lady had some beautiful photos posted and a little word about some PSE actions she had purchased. I've always been curious about actions, so I followed up on her information and ended up purchasing some actions.
Then of course I had to play with them! I was so excited! It worked! I feel like I have a whole new camera or something! Here are a couple I played with just for fun: first the original that I was previously very happy with, and then the result of the action, which just thrills me!
Honestly, it feels sort of like cheating! But I love it!
One of the reasons I was motivated to go ahead and get these things is today I'm doing a photo shoot with a family where they expressed they would like sepia. It was something that just kind of slipped out when she was talking and my heart sank because I'm not always happy with my sepia conversions. When I saw an action for that I was so thrilled! The first example above may be a great action to use on photos from this shoot.
This family will have their photos shot here on our property, but they are bringing some props (at my encouragement). They are a home schooling family, so they are bringing antique school house desks to put in the long grasses behind our barn! That could be really really cool.
I'm off to go get the barn clean enough for them to go in it for a couple of shots.
Have a great Tuesday!

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Susan Beth, i am always stunned at your photos...they are LOVELY. honestly...when are you coming to Ohio for a shoot, lol?!

=)

mommy2alex said...

Wow and I didn't think your photos could get any prettier;)
Cannot wait to see the photos you take with the antique desk, how fun!

stephanie howell said...

ooh, awesome! i just got PS last week and need to learn!
xo

liz mataraza said...

these are beautiful! great job. it is really cool what you can do with a camera and a computer, no?

i hope that you are feeling better today.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures :)

Jen Martakis said...

Your photos are so amazing, with and without your new actions. I love them all. The shoot with the antique desks sounds so cool. I am sure it will be an awesome shoot!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Love what you did with the actions. Great family picture too!

Nancywithajones said...

wow you just holy cow amaze me with your photos!

MandeeM said...

Susan Beth, Your photos always amaze me. They are breathtaking! I now NEED to get PSE.

On another note, I hope all is well with you. I am thinking of you.

vtpuggirl said...

Those are beautiful photos, actions can be addictive. I went through a phase about 3 years ago where I did it to everything (saved the originals but still). Have fun with it.

Anonymous said...

love what the actions did to your photos (although they were already beautiful!) good luck on your shoot.. I'm sure you'll do great!!